Monday, March 18, 2013

Body Revolution Day 1

Today is the first day of Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. My son left for basic training in the Army this morning so I had to put off my workout until the afternoon. I was so tempted just to put it off today, but had to "just do it" because I can't let day 1 not happen because of any excuse. It is time to stop the excuses and stick with my plans and press on toward the goal. So, I went up and decided that I could do it for just 30 minutes, that I wouldn't stop or half do it.

I could do everything except the plank and bicycle crunches. Whew, the plank is hard. I could only do about 10 seconds and have to rest about 3 seconds and do a little bit more. I did 20 bicycle crunches and had to rest and then picked back up. I was drenched in sweat at the end. It is pouring down rain with severe weather all around us so I don't think I will get my walk in.

This summer is my 25th wedding anniversary in July and my 45th birthday in August. Would it be horrible to say I want to look good and feel good and be a new me? I have planned out my workouts and broken my weigtloss goals down. My first one is to lose 5 lbs by Easter, which is in two weeks. We are going to Disney next week so in my plans I am not going to do Body Revolution next week, but do a circuit of jumping jacks, lunges, squats, etc. If they have a gym I might be able to do some of the Body Revolution weights, but I will have to see.

I am off with my eating today. For breakfast I had Chex cereal. I was going to have an egg, but my stomach was in knots waiting to take my son and I couldn't stomach it. I missed a mid morning meal as we were taking him. For lunch I had leftover grilled steak and half a sweet potato. I was still upset and starving so didn't take the time to make some green veggie. Tonight I will have the other half of the steak and sweet potato and will make some broccoli to go with it and try to get on track. For mid meals I have an apple and peanut butter and almonds.


No comments: