Monday, September 9, 2013

Body Revolution Week 4

We had weigh in at my Bod 4 God Bible study last night. I was down 3.5 lbs. Their scale is about 2 lbs higher than mine at home and I weigh fully clothed so I was at 194.7.

I just want to say that tracking on My Fitness Pal has been a huge eye opener for me. I have a gluten allergy so eliminated all wheat three years ago. I've been eating clean for about a year. I wasn't tracking my calories, proteins, sugars, or anything. Basically I tried to eat 5-6 meals a day including protein with each meal. I cut simple carbs (white rice, sugar, etc) and limited my carbs to breakfast and lunch eating a baked sweet potato or brown rice. At supper I kept my carbs to vegetables- focusing on green veggies. I ate grilled meat.

All that sounds so good. I was trying to eat quality foods. What I have found is that I was barely getting over 1000 calories a day. Since I was eating 6 times I surely thought I was getting way over 1500. I would look at diets limiting you to 1200 and thought they must be crazy, I'd starve! I've been trying to do two 30 minute workouts a day and I was crashing. I felt like I could sleep all day. Some days I would start my workout and felt like my legs weighed a ton each and like there was nothing left in my body to push through the workout. As much as it is a struggle to start a workout routine on its own, feeling like that made it a daily battle mentally and physically. I'd go a couple of weeks and fall off and start taking a day to rest. That turned into two.... until I woke up and it had been two weeks I hadn't exercised and I'd lost all the endurance and benefits from what I had done.

I began tracking for Bod 4 God. As I learn what to fuel my body with I try to plan out what I will eat each day. As one category hits its limit I start tweaking, taking out items or adding in where I am low. I've not been able to hit my calories or protein without some supplementation through protein drinks. As I am getting more calories and protein I am seeing an increase in my endurance and energy throughout the day. I've not been hungry at all because I feel like I am eating all day long. 

I am on my fourth week of Body Revolution. I did workout 3 today and increased my burn from 325 to 385 by jumping in the jumpropes and pliĆ© squat jumps and not modifying as much.

I've worked up my menu for today to try to get 1400 calories.

Breakfast- Oatmeal smoothie
mid meal- Greek yogurt, 10 almonds
Lunch- Beef fajita meat, onions, peppers, 1/2 c brown rice, 2 boiled egg whites, 1 oz cheddar cheese
mid meal- premier chocolate protein drink
supper- grilled chicken with greek seasoning, 2 boiled egg whites, 1 cup steamed broccoli,
mid meal- chocolate protein drink

I am trying to be good, but don't know if I can sustain a diet like this. I want sour cream on
top of the fajita meat. I'm trying to be super committed right now so I can see how much my tastebuds will change and if getting sugar out of my system will help with cravings. I really want to lose weight this time.



No comments: