Friday, January 6, 2012

Eat Clean Menu

I thought I would share some of my meals that I have had this week.

Italian chicken, steamed broccoli, and 2 cups of salad greens.
BBQ pork loin, green beans, and 1/2 a sweet potato

Chicken fajita over 1/2 cup brown rice.
1/2 cup (precooked) of gluten free oats with apple, splenda, and cinnamon
Vegetable beef soup, salad

I've had a real hard time remembering to eat all six meals! Some are just greek yogurt with 10 almonds or an apple with nut butter, but I get busy and forget. So, I have not had six meals yet. Today I am setting a timer to remember to go get my snack. The reason to eat so often is to get your metabolism going.

Yesterday was horrible! It was my 3rd day no sugar. I know from getting off sugar in the past you usually have this day about 3 days in as your body adjusts from having a regular sugar/carb fest. I don't know for sure but I think our bodies go through a lot of chemical adjustments to switch the source of fuel it uses.... meaning going from its regular supply of carbs through sugar to using your stored fat. Well, I felt like I was in a fog and was hardly able to concentrate. I had a dull headache, kind of like sinus congestion in my head. I was very irritable and shaky and just felt lethargic and had zero desire to workout or do anything. I went to the gym and walked for 10 minutes then did a really good lower body weight workout. I am so proud of myself for going and not skipping that workout! It has been my continual habit through the past years to "give myself a break" and wait until I feel better, but that is something I am working on changind. I am NOT going to feel like working out most of the time. I just have to do it, because I want to change both my body and mind and fight for myself.

I have gone to the gym every night this week and twice went a second time in the daytime. I want to do two a day every day with an occasional time off. I am not trying to overdo it.... just a morning workout with weights three days and 3 days of morning walk increasing to running... then go at night with my husband and walk again a mile and a half or do the elliptical increasing to adding my Tae Bo one day and Pilates one day.

No comments: