Thursday, August 1, 2013

Couch to 5K week 1 day 2

I was supposed to run yesterday but I had not recovered from double workouts on Monday and Tuesday so I figured I would take a rest day. It was also raining. I pushed it back a day so I will run Thursday and Saturday instead. Great to have a little wiggle room.

It was a tough run. I was determined to do it, but struggled some. My 6th run time was on the biggest incline in the neighborhood. I could not recover in the 90 seconds so I paused my app and walked about another 90 seconds until I wasn't huffing so much. On my 8th run I was on another incline. I stopped at 30 seconds and walked. I paused it so I could complete that 30 second of that run time and finish. I did all the run times just added about 2-3 minutes of recovery walk time in. Not that bad I guess.

I am trying to figure out what to eat and drink to help my recovery. I realized I havent been drinking my water. I sweat like crazy during my Body Revolution and running. So, I am pushing water. I am taking 10000 units of vitamin D. I am having a protein drink or Greek yogurt within 30 minutes after each workout. I get protein 5-6 times a day. I couldn't sleep last night. I woke at 3:00. Gotta work on that.

No comments: