Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 2

I've not been very good to eat enough today. I am not sleeping at all. I go to bed between 10 and 11 and will still be awake at 2 AM. Then I fall asleep and feel like crud the next morning. My stomach is upset today, too.

So for today's menu:

breakfast- hard boiled egg

lunch- Chic-Fil-A southwest chargrilled chicken salad with half the package of light Italian dressing. They gave me the wrong dressing and I thought it would not go together but it was actually really good. 2Tbsp, which was half the package, was only 17 calories. Considering I've been eating the full fat Spicy or Ranch this is a big calorie saver.

Supper- I've not eaten yet, don't know if my stomach can handle leftover chili. So, I've got to come up with something fast. Maybe I'll make a smoothie with milk, yogurt, and strawberries.

I know this is not the amount of veggies and food I am supposed to eat. This is what I'm trying to learn though... to work around obstacles instead of giving up.

I had asked friends for books last week to read when my daughter goes to physical therapy. I have to take her 2-3 times a week for an hour each time. Well today I decided I would use that time to walk. The orthopedic office is in a complex with the Wellness Center and they have a pond out front with a track around it. So, I dropped off my daughter and walked the track. I only did 15 minutes today. My legs are sore from working out yesterday and it would be good to really stretch them. This is my first week so I am going to try to walk 15-20 minutes each day to build up endurance and increase it each time.

They added weight to my bar at therapy for my arm yesterday and my biceps are sore, too... Yay! Don't know if I've mentioned I fractured my elbow and am in therapy for another 5 weeks- three times a week. I can't do an upper body workout other than my therapy exercises for this whole time. This is where I am trying to change. Instead of not exercising for another 5 weeks until I can "do it right" I have made a plan to do my lower body and abs with weights and do cardio. I am walking daily for two weeks then plan to start the Couch to 5K which takes 9 weeks to train up to running a 5K. I'm going to do the elliptical in addition to walking on my cardio days. I daily work my arm for therapy and since we are adding weight I may be at a point of doing a full upper body routine in a couple of weeks. Atleast enough to do bicep, tricep, shoulder presses and raises, chest raises, and the basics.

1 comment:

Julie said...

You're on the right track. Doing awesome. Last year I started running, this year I want to become a runner. I walked 1 5k, jogged/walked one, walk/ran one and ran one last year. My best time 32:48 this year I want to run them all and just beat each time by a little bit. Just for me, no one else, just me. You can do this. Take care, blessings!!