Thursday, April 12, 2012

Freezer Meals: Taco Meat, Chicken, and Vegetable Soup

 I found Jeannie-O patties on sale so I am flash freezing them so I can pull out what I need later. Not shown, I made up 8 patties of a mixture of ground chuck and ground turkey to make the family burgers.
 I had a little bit of fajita marinade in the refrigerator so I put it on some chicken tenders and baked them. These are good over a salad with corn and black beans. Or, I  sautee onion and green pepper and serve over brown rice.
 I sprinkled these tenders with Greek seasoning and baked. I eat them in a chicken ranch salad, over brown rice, or as they are to accompany a sweet potato and vegetable. I flash freeze the tenders and then freeze in a Ziploc bag so I can pull out just what I need and they aren't stuck together.
 I made up a spaghetti sauce with ground chuck/turkey. I put it in this jar to freeze.
 After making chili for tonight, taco meat, veg beef soup, and spaghetti sauce I had four servings of cooked meat left. I put in Ziplocs and roll to remove all the air and keep them in a bin in the freezer for ground beef. I add these to beef dishes like Shephards Pie, enchaladas, tater tot casserole.
The three tall containers have the vegetable beef soup. The small container has leftover spaghetti sauce that wouldn't fit in the jar. It is perfect for a lunch. The large rectangle is taco meat. Since it doesn't fill the container I will put a piece of wax paper over the surface so no air touches the surface to keep it from getting a freezer burn taste.

No comments: