Saturday, April 21, 2012

Clean Eating Foods

Some of the  clean meals I've had the last week:

Chicken Fajita salad: I grill tenderloins seasoned with either Greek or taco seasoning and cut into strips. I sautee onion and green pepper. For this one I had a box of mixed carrot/edamame/black beans in my freezer I wanted to get rid of so I steamed it in the microwave and added it. It was ok, but I wouldn't add it again. I love a fajita salad, though!

Grilled italian chicken, salad with cucumber and tomato, and sweet potato. I marinate the chicken in 1/2 bottle of light Italian dressing and then grill. It was very tender. To make the potato I poke and microwave one potato 6 minutes. They are so good!.
Breakfast cups. scramble up 6 eggs with salt, pepper, and about 1 tbsp milk. Pour into greased muffin tins. Add anything you would like- I added some ham. Bake about 20-30 min at 350 degrees- until the egg is set.

Taco salad. I used ground turkey, homemade taco seasoning, and black beans. Sauteed onion and green pepper. I am trying to cut out the cheese and sour cream so I used just a little.

Vegetable beef soup

My cheat meal: Chicken salad- I used grillled tenderloins seasoned with Greek seasoning. Bacon- Sams has a package that is chopped real bacon that is good to keep on hand. Cheese. Ranch dressing (not shown) For a non cheat meal I add cucumber, chopped boiled egg,tomato, omit cheese and use low fat dressing.

No comments: