Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Body Revolution Week 3 Day 2

I woke up early this morning and went to the track. I want to do the Couch to 5K. I walked one time around the track to warm up and used the Couch to 5K app to know when to run. I did 4 of the 8 run times. I am going to have to work up to doing the whole first day at one time.

There was a lady at the track when I arrived and she was going the wrong way (counter clockwise) I didn't want to have to come the other way every lap so I just joined in going that way. Well, after I did one lap she turned around so it left me looking like the dork going the wrong way. I won't do that again!

It is so intimidating for people to see me run. Run is a very lenient word. I think it is more like walking in cursive. Slow, more people speed walk faster than my pitiful jog. My kids laugh at me. But, guess what? I am out there. I am going to improve. Today i can't go far, I can't go fast, but I am going. I like the quote for today " Allow yourself to be a beginner. No one starts off being excellent." Truth.

I did Phase 1 Workout 4 today for the first time. One of the exercises I could not do was hold weights straight up over your shoulders and head. From a standing position go down on your right knee, left knee, stand on right foot, left foot. Then repeat multiple times. I got down and it is too much on my knees with all my weight to get back up. I am going to drop the weight and may balance next time instead of holding hands over head.

I had 135 squats to do today. I did 40 while my egg was cooking.  I usually unload the dishwasher or clean the kitchen while waiting on things to cook. Who knew I could have been making a cute butt instead!

I've been totally wiped out today after my workouts. I have gotten absolutely nothing done around the house. I went to Sams yesterday so had all the big boxes of food and bags of apples, oranges, potatoes, and avocados lying on the counter. Then the kids just left whatever they used out and it is messy. I tried to pick up before my husband comes home, but it still isn't looking too good.

I do not know what to do about my extreme tiredness! I've been taking vitamins, drinking water, added more carbs, trying to get rest. Nothing seems to be working. I am pushing to try to keep working out and to function.

Today I had an egg and 2 slices of bacon for breakfast.
 
For lunch I made baked chicken with Greek seasoning. I used that in a salad with onions, peppers, avocado, and my homemade salsa. It was very good.
 
I've struggled with snacks today. I've given in to a mini bag of Doritos and a rice Krispie treat. I also had a mandarin orange.
 
I haven't had supper yet, but I am having the Greek chicken, onions, peppers, avocado, and some cheese over brown rice. Hoping that it will satisfy my cravings better than a salad. I am also going to have an apple with peanut butter.

No comments: